Accessibility statement for https://studentmobility.manchester.ac.uk/The My Placements System
This accessibility statement applies to https://studentmobility.manchester.ac.uk/
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.[JW1]
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of the text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
- pre-recorded videos do not have captions
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the maps in our programmes pages
- some location information is in google interactive maps format only
- tables do not have column headings or descriptions
- parts of the website move and there are no controls to prevent or change the animation speed
- parts of the website do not contain headings
- the website doesn’t have a logical tab order
- Images do not have alt text that describes the image to the user
- links don’t contain useful titles or descriptions
- links open in new windows or tabs without notifications
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 days.
If you cannot view the maps on our ‘find us' page, email us for directions. We are located:
The Atrium Student Support Hub
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We don’t provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices do not have audio induction loops. We aren’t able to arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Find out how to contact us please email email@example.com.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The University of Manchester, is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is not compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. The non-compliances and exemptions are listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- At present we are not fully aware of the content that isn’t accessible. We plan to test this website in December 2022.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- At present we are not fully aware of the WCAG regulations that we are breaking. We plan to test this website in December 2022.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix PDFs that are generated in the brochure section of our website. These are generated by the system and we do not have control over their formatting.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish that are not generated by the 3rd party system will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 25/08/2022. It was last reviewed on 25/08/2022.
This website has not yet been tested. It is expected to be tested by December 2022. The test will be carried out by The University of Manchester IT Services Testing Team.
Once the website has been tested, we will publish our testing approach and the sample pages used.